GREETINGS


.

If we meet someone we know or we don’t know, it would be nice if we give greeting, how to give greeting?

Definition
Greeting is the expression which is used to addres someone or other people.

Kinds
Gretting : - Formal
               - Informal
 
Formal Greetings

• Good Morning (until about lunch time, before 12 a.m)
• Good Afternoon (12-6 p.m)
• Good Evening (until about 9 p.m)
• Good Morning, Sir. Ma’am

Note: Do not use “Good day” excped in Australia

~ Informal Greetings


• Hi, Lizzy !
• Morning, Kim !
• Hello

~ Initial Greetings

• How are you ? I’m fine thank you
• How’s it doing?
• How are doing?
• How’s life?


* Responding to initial greeting :

- Very well, thank you and how are you?
- I’m good/okay/alright
- Oh, pretty good
- Not too bad, thank’s
- Fine, thank’s
- Excellent


* Pre clossing :

- Ok Then
- I’ve got to go now
- So, I’ll see you next week
- I think I’d be going now?
- I must be going home !

* Clossing / leave taking :

- Good bye (formal/informal)
- Bye-bye, bye; now. See you. Take care
- See you later … Fine
- See you soon … Ok
- See you tonight … All right

• Good night (after 8 p.m or retiring to bed)

Note: Do not use “Good evening” for leave taking use “Good night” Good bye and all the best (to someone who’s leaving for along time)

How Do You Introduce Yourself ?
  • · Let me introduce myself, my name is Iseu.
  • · Hello, I’m Zeriz.
  • · Hi, I’m Gracea Petricka. You can call me Grace.
How Do You Introduce Other People ?
  • · Excuse me, let me introduce you my sister, her name’s Angel
  • · I’d like you to meet Vicky
  • · I’d like you introduce my friend, Rain.
How Do You Close or End Your Conversation ?
  • · I’m sorry, but I have to go now. Take care
  • · Well I should be going now. See you !
  • · I’m sorry, but I have to go now. It’s been nice talking with you. See you later.
  • · Good bye.

Your Reply