RECOUNT TEXT


.




Last year, I went to Surabaya. I went there with my teachers and friends. We stay in there for 5 days to follow The 2nd National Science Camp. This is one of my best experience that full of fun.


Definition
Recount text  is a text that is used to retell events for the purpose of informing or entertaining.

Generic Structure
·         Orientation
 It gives the readers the background information needed to understand the text such as who was involved, where it happened, when it happened.
·         Events
A series of events, ordered in a chronological sequence.
·         Re-orientation
Restates the writer’s opinion or personal comment of the writer on the incident.

Language Features
·         Use of simple past tense
·         Use of temporal conjunctions (when, after, before, next, later, then)
·         Use of personal pronoun (I, we)

Example
                Last year I joined the Chicago Marathon, my first marathon. I had to run 26.2 miles to complete it. It is hard but I learned valuable things from joining it.
                At first, I just wanted to get the experience of joining a marathon. I thought it would be one life time experience. After finishing it, I changed my mind. I wanted to join another one. I was interested to complete at least one more marathon and improve my time. I also experienced a good feeling between participants and the spectators, that made me happy. It was a very wonderful thing for me. So I decided thet I had to join another marathon the following year because I was not satisfied with this first one.

Your Reply